Fairview Park, Indiana
Town Council Meeting Minutes for May 8, 2007

   The Town Council held their regular meeting on Tuesday, May 8, 2007 at 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Building. The Pledge to the Flag was recited. Roll call was taken with council members James Hall, Larry Natalie, Tonya Smith, Norma Snedeker and David Crane and attorney Henry L. Antonini present.
  The minutes of the April meeting and financial report were approved with a motion by Norma and seconded by Tonya. The motion carried by voice vote.
   John Newman is still gathering information on police vehicles. He advised that no grants are available at this time. John advised that he is in the process of getting letters written to serve on nuisance violation properties.
   Sue talked with a Rep with OISC about mosquito spraying. He advised that the Town is a Category 8 and that they needed to provide a plan of when and where they would be spraying and file that plan with a certified operator and be in phone contact with the operator. Sue will contact certified operators.
    Willie Wyres was present to address any questions concerning his building project on Washington St. Issues brought up were water/sewer hook-ups and traffic control. Willie advised that the building would be 5,000-sq. ft., plus 5,000-sq. ft. of paved parking. The building would be divided into 4 to 5 spaces. He advised that he would leave a copy of the plans at the water office when he gets them back from the State. Willie also requested the Council consider granting him a tax abatement. The issue will be researched.
     The Flag Fund balance is $331.90.
     Joe Summers complained of Richard Reed bringing trash from a dumpster onto property at 5th & Lincoln. John Newman will check.
     Cindy Jovanovich questioned limbs being dumped at the end of Jackson Street. She was advised that the Town does dump some limbs there after storms, but that no one else should be dumping at that location. Sue will try to get estimates to fence in this area along with the wellhead area.
      Jim Moore advised that financing is in place for the safety house. He requested permission to put up a 3 sided building on the eastside of the old town hall to store the safety house. The council approved. He also requested if money is available for guttering on the south side of the old town hall. He was advised there are funds available.
      Leonard asked about removal of the old stump in front of the firehouse.
      There was no update on the Washington / 3rd Street drainage project.
      Sue will check with property owner about cutting ferns at 3rd and Lincoln Streets.
      A motion was made by Tonya and seconded by David to pay the Town claims in the amount of $8,038.76, the wastewater claims of $7,462.03 and the Water department claims in the amount of $7,592.85. The motion carried by voice vote.
The meeting adjourned at 7:50 p.m. with a motion by Tonya and seconded by David. The motion carried by voice vote.

                                                                                   Attested to by:
                                                                                   Teresa Baker, Clerk-Treasurer
                                                                                   March 13, 2007

General Fund  11,525.76
MVH Fund      40,226.18
LR & S Fund   16,217.39
CCD Fund       19,125.14
CCI Fund          6,996.00
Cum Fire Fund        13,055.57
Police Ed. Fund   890.75
Flag Fund            331.90
Riverboat Wagering  22,311.92
Rainy Day Fund 2,476.00
Park Grant Fund   369.96
Excess Levy Fund129.00
Balance as of
May 31, 2007$133,655.57